The Alabama Genealogical Society is a non-profit organization that encourages genealogical and family history research. They hold two meetings per year in conjuction with seminars and workshops.
They have a free, searchable Alabama Loose Records Index of names indexed from county court records and searchable by surname, county, and initials.
To join the Alabama Genealogical Society visit their membership page.
Benefits of Membership include:
- “Subscription to the AGS Magazine and Newsletter
- Qualified to participate in the First Families of Alabama Program
- Qualified to participate in future editions of the AGS Lineage Book
- Invited to submit articles, records, transcriptions, etc. for the AGS Magazine
- Invited to submit information for the AGS Newsletter
- Receive AGS Membership Card and Welcome Packet
- Volunteer opportunities are limitless
- Network of friends and peers””