Alabama, Jefferson County Circuit Court Papers, 1870-1916 is a free collection at FamilySearch with estate, property, and divorce papers. There is no searchable name index for these records. This collection only includes images.
These collections are all free to search. You’ll need to be logged in with a free FamilySearch account to search these records. It’s easy to register for a free account at FamilySearch.
What Can I Learn from Court Records?
These records may contain:
- Names of interested parties
- Date of court proceeding or transaction
- Details of the case
- Place of residence
- Names of witnesses
How Can Court Records Help Me Find Other Records?
With information from these records you may be able to:
- Use the information found in the court papers to find other records such as birth, christening, census, land and death records
- Search for additional family members in the court papers
- Search other county records for the family