Albany Grave Digger is the website of genealogist, historian, lecturer, and gravestone conservator, Christopher White, of New York. Follow the blog at Finding Your Past: Genealogical Gleanings with the Albany Grave Digger.
- Basic record search – Document/record retrieval from various repositories, libraries, and online sites, $35 per hour, Mileage outside of a 25-mile radius of Albany charged at the rate authorized by the IRS (presently .53/mile), Costs such as photocopies, parking fees, and postage borne by client
- Full service genealogical research (please see Genealogical Research Contract)
- $25 per hour via in person, Google Hangouts, or Skype
- Negotiable, based upon topic and travel distance.
- Photograph ancestral homes (three views: front, left, and right angle)
- Locate, photograph, and transcribe cemetery gravestones
- $25 per hour
- $2 per printed and digital copy
The Albany Grave Digger can confidently clean, repair, and conserve the gravestones of your ancestors and loved ones. Only best practice methods approved by the Association for Gravestone Studies are used. Water, D2 Biological Solution, and light scrubbing is used to clean the gravestones. No harsh chemicals, bleach, abrasives, or sandblasting is ever used in our process.