American Antiquarian Society, AAS, is a society and a research library and has substantial collections for early American history.
Hours of Operation
Mon, Tu, Th, Fri: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wed: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Online collections available to all are found at:
- GIGI, the AAS Digital Image Archive, with photos, engravings, some newspapers, periodicals, manuscript collections, and more
Onsite collections are vast and include:
- Newspapers from 1690-1922 (digitized and available to AAS members)
- Newspapers from the Caribbean and Bermuda, 1718-1876
- Newspapers of Mexico and Panama
- Canadian Newspapers of the 18th Century
- Adventist Newspapers and Periodicals
- Historical Periodicals, 1691-1876 (digitized and available to AAS members)
- City Directories
- Manuscripts, including Civil War documents, diaries, and more
- Rhode Island Vital Records