The American-Canadian Genealogical Society is a family history society in Manchester, New Hampshire and helps you trace your French-Canadian and Acadian Ancestors.
They have American-Canadian genealogy records on-site and research available for a fee.
“The ACGS Library maintains the largest resource facility for French-Canadian research in the United States.
“Our primary resources are the parish repertories. We have an extensive collection of repertories for the provinces of Québec, Ontario and New Brunswick as well for the states of New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We have limited resources for Alberta, Manitoba, New York, Louisiana and many other states and provinces. Some of our repertories may be purchased from our catalog.
“Our micro-film & -fiche holdings include Vital Records of New Hampshire to 1900; Vital Records of Vermont 1760-1908; index and registers of births and marriages in Massachusetts 1840-1905; the Loiselle file of Québecois marriages; the Moncton index and registers of Vital Statistics of South Eastern New Brunswick.
“Anthology resources include works by the following authors: Arsenault, Bergeron, Drouin, Jetté, Tanguay, and White.
“Summary of Holdings
- Acadian Records
- City Directories
- Family Genealogies
- History Books
- “How-To” Reference Books
- Jesuit Relations
- Microfilm, Microfiche, & CD’s
- Parish Repertoires – Canada, United States
- Other Reference Books
- Town Reports
- Vital Records”
ACGS members receive many benefits which include:
- Free access to one of the largest French-Canadian Research Libraries in the United States
- Individual assistance and training in utilizing the facilities of our Research Library
- Discounted use of our Research Department facilities
- Free publication of three single event queries in the American-Canadian Genealogist
- Invitation to attend the semi-annual conferences and the annual business meeting and to vote for the officers and directors of your Society; and free participation at Spring Workshops
- Free subscription to the Society’s journal, American-Canadian Genealogist
- Individual Member – $35.00(US) per year, American residents; $40.00(US) per year, Canadian residents.
- Family Member – $45 (US) includes one additional member in the same household. Only one journal per household mailed.
- Student Member- All elementary, high school or full time college students under the age of 22 – 50% of Individual Member dues.
- Lifetime Member – fifteen times the yearly Individual Member dues – $535.00(US) for American residents, $600.00(US) for Canadian residents. This may be paid in installments over a one-year period. Arrangements must be made with the Treasurer to assure proper accounting.
- Life-Associate Member – Spouse of Lifetime Member only, 50% of Lifetime Member dues. Same installment arrangements apply as long as both are applying.
- Overseas Member – $50.00(US) per year
- Institutions – $50.00(US) per year