Cambridgeshire Archives is the official archive for the County of Cambridgeshire and also holds historic records for the former counties of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely and their communities.
They have a downloadable PDF list of Cambridgeshire parishes on their homepage which shows each parish and where the records for that parish are held.
They also have an online, searchable catalog for their onsite holdings. “Our online database contains catalogue entries for hundreds of thousands of original historical documents, including:
- parish registers for many Anglican and Nonconformist churches in Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire
- historic inclosure, tithe, estate and Ordnance Survey maps
- school log books and admission registers
- photographic prints, negatives, slides and glass plates from the 19th and 20th centuries
- records of local government, including archives of prisons, magistrates’ courts, Quarter Sessions’ courts and coroners’ courts
- many personal letters and papers of individuals”
Visit their Images Gallery for images of historical documents housed at the Cambridgeshire Archives.
3rd Saturday in each month 10:00 – 4:00 by appointment only
2nd Saturday in each month 10:00 – 4:00 by appointment only