Cambridgeshire Family History Society (CFHS) has online and onsite resources to help family historians research genealogies and histories in the old counties of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely. It’s a great place to connect with other people interested in similar surnames and families and the local area.
They have two branches:
- Cambridge Central Branch, meets the second Saturday of each month
- March Branch, meets the first Tuesday of each month
- Free Surname search
- Cambridgeshire Stock List
- Cambridgeshire Wills
- Baptisms 1801-1837
- Burials 1801-1837
- Census Records
- Census 1841
- Baptism Records
- Marriage Records
- Burials Records
- Cemetery Burial Books
- Monumental Inscriptions
- Calendar of Probate
- Location Index
- Miscellaneous Searches
- UK Membership £10
- Overseas Membership £15
- E-Membership £7
- Life Membership £70-100
- Receive a copy of the Journal, our quarterly magazine, that keeps us all abreast of the latest news within the Society.
- You are also entitled to take part in the Society activities and attend the various meetings that are held around the county
- Members are entitled to participate in any of the Society’s activities
- Access to Other Family History Journals
- Coffee Corner – the chance to share information between like-minded people, invaluable for those researching their Cambridgeshire family history
- An informative directory of Family Name Research by CFHS Members
Cambridgeshire Family History Society (CFHS) has options on their site for those seeking research assistance.
Ancestor Finder – With this search, you may look up transcriptions from all the Cambridgeshire Parish Records, a miscellany of Non-conformist Lists, the 1841, 1851, 1861 and 1871 census records and a selection of Vaccinations. You can download single or groups of transcriptions: the price of the download is calculated in tokens which have to be purchased in advance according to the number of records.
CFHS Shop – Over the years, CFHS has commissioned or collected books, CDs and fiche relevant to any family research on Cambridgeshire families. CFHS are please to make these resources available to anyone through their Bookstall.
CFHS Brochure – a PDF with all collections for sale
March Branch – First Tuesday of the month
Online – Much material that has been transcribed and.or researched is available from our bookstall on CD and downloads. These include Census, Parish Registers, Marriage, Baptism and Burial Indices, etc.