Colorado Statewide Divorce Index, 1900-1939 is a free collection at FamilySearch with a name index and images of divorce records in Colorado.
You’ll need to be logged in with a free FamilySearch account to search these records. It’s easy to register for a free account at FamilySearch.
What Can I Learn from Divorce Records?
These divorce records may include:
- Name of Plaintiff and Defendant
- Date of divorce
- Date and place of marriage
- Number of minor children
- Reference ID
- Wife’s maiden name if resuming
How Can Divorce Records Help Me Find Other Records?
With information from these records you may be able to:
- Search for the actual divorce decree
- Use the information to find the marriage record
- Search for other vital records such as birth, christening, census, land and death records
- With the names of both spouses known, research prior census records for children that were born to the couple