Delaware Maps with historical changes are offered for free at MapofUS.org. The site has an interactive map with changes by year you can watch as well as county and other maps.
“Maps of Delaware are an invaluable piece of ancestors and family history research, especially if you live far from where your ancestor was living. Due to the fact Delaware political boundaries often changed, historic maps are crucial in assisting you find out the precise specific location of your ancestor’s hometown, exactly what land they owned, just who their neighbors happen to be, and a lot more.
“Maps of Delaware usually have a tendency to be an outstanding reference for starting out with your research, simply because they give considerably important information and facts right away. Delaware Maps can be a major resource of important amounts of information on family history.”
Maps on this site include:
- 1795 Delaware Map
- 1804 Delaware Atlas Map
- 1814 Atlas Map of Delaware
- 1822 Geographical, Historical, And Statistical Atlas Map Of Delaware
- 1827 Map of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware
- 1836 Atlas Map Of Maryland and Delaware with their Canals, Roads & Distances(with) Baltimore
- 1845 Maryland and Delaware (with) District of Columbia. Atlas Map
- 1856 Delaware And Maryland. (with) District of Columbia. Atlas Map
- 1880 County map of New Jersey. County map of Maryland and Delaware
and the site has links to subscription and free maps at other sites.