The Departmental Archives of Gers (FR: Archives Départementales du Gers) is the official archive for Department 32 in France.
France divides the country into numbered administrative regions, called departments. Department 32 is named after the Gers River.
This department isn’t displaying birth, marriage, and death information until digitization is complete (we’ve italicized the links for now).
Birth, Marriage, and Death Records-
Online Digital Collections
- Church records & Civil registration of births, marriages, and deaths, 1570-1932, varies by commune/town (takes you to another site) not currently available online
- Decennial Tables, 1793-1932, 10-year lists/indexes of all births, marriages, and deaths in alphabetical order by surname (takes you to another site) not currently available online
- Cadastral maps & plans search by municipality, date range unknown
- Census Records,
- Enumeration of the population (1861-1911):
- departmental summaries of five-year censuses by districts, cantons and municipalities
- digital statements and summary report by districts, cantons and municipalities, some censuses are missing for some communes
Daily Life Records
- Historical Journals for Gars
- School Monographs, 1899
- Newspapers of Gard prior to 1944 (takes you to another site)
- Military registers, 1867-1921, onsite only, to find the military registration for an ancestor, add 20 years to the year of birth and you will have the appropriate class year (year they registered with the military).
The Departmental Archives of Gers is part of the Languedoc-Roussillon Midi-Pyrénées Region of France.
Departments in the Languedoc-Roussillon Midi-Pyrénées Region
- Department 09 – Ariège
- Department 10 – Aude
- Department 12 – Aveyron
- Department 30 – Gard
- Department 32 – Gers
- Department 31 – Haute-Garonne
- Department 65 – Hautes-Pyrénées
- Department 34 – Hérault
- Department 46 – Lot
- Department 48 – Lozère
- Department 66 – Pyrénées-Orientales
- Department 81 – Tarn
- Department 82 – Tarn-et-Garonne
Towns in Gers
Monday, Thursday, Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Hours of Operation and Cost
Tuesday: 1:30 pm -5:00 pm