The Departmental Archives of Haute-Savoie (FR: Archives départementales de la Haute-Savoie) is the official archive for Department 74 in France.
This site is free to search.
[su_heading size=”18″]Online Digital Collections[/su_heading]
Birth, Marriage, and Death Records
- Church & Civil Registers, years vary by Town/Commune, Baptism, Birth, Marriage, and Death or Burial records by Town/Commune
- Decennial Tables, ten-year table of births, marriages, & deaths
Daily Life Records
- Government Tabellion (1660-1803) includes “study of families (marriage contracts, wills, shares, guardianships, donations …); life of the communes (annual financial statements, communal property …); economic aspects (constitutions of companies, projects of mills, forges, …) and many others.”
- Sardinian Tabellion (1815-1860)
- Photographs, Paintings, Postcards
- Payot Collection and Mountain Pictures: 670 documents are digitized and available on the website.
- Postcards: The 5000 postcards are scanned and will all be put online after a ranking work.
- Bovier Fund: The 259 photographic prints are digitized and available on the website.
- Barrucand Fund: The 418 photographs are digitized and available on the website.
- Villégiature Fund: The 393 photographs are digitized and available on the website.
- Fonds of Auguste and Ernest Pittier: The 2948 photographs are digitized and available on the website.
The Departmental Archives of Haute-Savoie is part of the Rhône-Alpes Region of France.
[su_heading size=”18″]Departments in the Rhône-Alpes Region[/su_heading]
- Department 01 – Department Ain
- Department 07 – Department Ardèche
- Department 26 – Department Drôme
- Department 38 – Department Isère
- Department 42 – Department Loire
- Department 69 – Department Rhône
- Department 73 – Department Savoy
- Department 74 – Department Haute Savoie
[su_service title=”Hours of Operation”]
Monday – Friday: 8:45 am – 5:00 pm[/su_service]