The Departmental Archives of Vaucluse (FR: Archives Départementales du Vaucluse) is the official archive for Department 84 in France.
France divides the country into numbered administrative regions, called departments. Department 84 is named after the Vaucluse Mountains. This site is free to search.
The Departmental Archives of Vaucluse has vast online records and a feature where you can search for genealogical record sets by Town/Commune or Name or by Collection Type. See individual collections to be sure you’ve found everything the archive has digitized.
Online Digital Collections
Birth, Marriage, and Death Records
- Church records & Civil records, by parish, baptisms, births, weddings, marriages, graves, deaths, divorces, transcripts, tables, publication of weddings, unknown-1914
- Cadastral Plans
- Census Records (Recensements), XII (French Revolutionary Calendar) and 1836-1936, varies by town, made every five years, censuses may include names, ages, professions, nationalities, places of birth
- Land Search and Land Ownership
- Mortgage Research after 1955
Daily Life Records
- Military Recruitment Registers, 1887-1921, See instructions for various years. Are you looking for the military registration for an ancestor? Add 20 years to the year of birth and you will have the appropriate class year.
- Military Recruitment Statements, 1864-1939, includes marital status, physical description, and service records for registered military recruits.
The Departmental Archives of Vaucluse is part of the Provence-Alpes-Côtes-D’Azur Region of France.
- Department 04 – Department Alpes de Haute Provence
- Department 05 – Department Hautes Alpes
- Department 06 – Department Alpes Maritimes
- Department 13 – Department Bouches du Rhône
- Department 83 – Department Var
- Department 84 – Department Vaucluse