The Derbyshire Family History Society in Derby, England has online resources and onsite records to help people research their family history in Derbyshire. Some online collections are free for everyone to search, others are for members only. Anyone can become a member of the Derbyshire Family History Society for a fee.
[su_heading size=”20″]Online Collections[/su_heading]
Online collections free to search:
- Baptism Records Index
- Burials Records Index
- Cemetery Records Index
- Carsington Parish Register Index
[su_heading size=”20″]Online Collections for Members Only or Pay as You Go[/su_heading]
- Baptisms DataThe public search results for parish record data for baptisms include surname, forenames, year and place. On click-through (PAYG/subscription members only) the fuller summary may include information about the parents and occupation, the date of the baptism and the child’s date of birth, plus any special annotations.
- Burials DataThe public search results for parish record data for burials include surname, forenames, year and place. On click-through (PAYG/subscription members only) the fuller summary may include the date of burial, date of death, age, and place of abode, plus any special annotations.
- Cemetery DataThe data shown in the public search results include surname, forename, age, and year of death. Click-through access (PAYG/subscription members only) may include information about occupation, place of abode, date of burial, and grave number, plus any special comments.
- Wills DataThe Wills data is only available to members. It can retrieve data by searching for someone who made a Will, or someone who was mentioned in one.
- Members’ Downloads AreaThis area contains a wide variety of documents, mostly records and lists, ranging from 17th-century lists of land grants to lists of prisoners in the early 19th century. There are around 100 documents in all, and you can buy access to any that are of interest to you.
[su_heading size=”20″]Membership Costs & Benefits[/su_heading]
- UK Membership – £15
- Europe Membership/other European countries – £16
- Outside Europe Membership – £19
- Or if you just want full access to the data on this website, you can take out Pay-As-You-Go membership
For subscribing members:-
- Our magazine is published four times a year;
- There is also access to all website data;
- We hold monthly meetings in Derby;
- We take part in national projects through the Federation of Family History Societies;
- Our members volunteer to help in the library and to answer queries;
- All members can participate in projects using their own computer;
- Whether you are a beginner or an experienced member we can help you.
[su_heading size=”20″]Online Shop[/su_heading]
- Books E.T.C.
- 1851 Census Index Books – Derbyshire
- Cassini Historical Maps – A Beautifully Produced Range Of Old Maps
- D.F.H.S. Published Books
- Derbyshire Archaeological Society Publications
- Derbyshire Record Society Publications
- Federation Of Family History Society Publications
- Local History Books
- Mclaughlin Guides
- Memorial Inscription Books
- Miscellaneous Books
- New Mills History Notes Series
- Society Of Genealogists Publications
- The Godfrey Edition Reproduction Ordnance Survey Maps
- Cds And Dvds
- Parish Registers On Cd
[su_service title=”Hours of Operation”]Tuesdays 10 am – 4 pm
Thursdays 10 am – 4 pm
Saturdays by appointment only[/su_service]