England, Leicestershire Parish Registers, 1533-1991 is a free collection at FamilySearch with a searchable name index of baptism records, marriage records, and burial records in Leicestershire, England.
You’ll need to be logged in with a free FamilySearch account to search these records. It’s easy to register for a free account at FamilySearch.
What Can I Learn from Parish Records?
These parish records may include:
- Name of the child
- Date and place of christening
- Date of birth
- Names of parents
- Name of the bride and groom
- Date and place of marriage
- Marital status
- Estimated year of birth
- Names of fathers
- Name of the deceased
- Date and place of burial
What Can I Do with Parish Records Information?
- Use the parents’ names and surname to search for more children born to these parents (put the surname in the search window and then add the father and mother’s name in additional field windows to pick up more children born to these parents)
- If you find a baptism, marriage, or burial record, see if there is a civil record of birth, marriage, or death in addition to the church record
- Look for land records in places where this person lived
- Look for this person or the head of household in city directories
- Look for military, tax, probate or other records for this person
- Look for this couple in census records and see if they had children you can add to your records