The Evergreen Cemetery Project at the Bisbee Mining and Historical Museum in Arizona is a database for residents interred at the Old City Park cemetery in Brewery Gulch whose bodies were transferred to the Evergreen Cemetery.
“Established in 1892, Evergreen replaced the Old City Park cemetery in Brewery Gulch, which was upslope from the drinking water wells. Several astute folks of the late 19th century suggested that such a situation might pose a health risk to the early residents of Bisbee. By order of the Common Council of Bisbee in 1914, the transfer of the residents from the old cemetery to Evergreen had begun. Today, there are over 10,000 burials in the cemetery. The Evergreen Cemetery data available here represents the first phase of the Cemetery project. The data presented, which has been entered as written in the original records, comes from the following sources: City of Bisbee ledgers recording sale of graves (1912-1999); Mrs. Lillian Bilyeu Banchi & Mr. John Banchi compilation of mortuary, church, and sexton records (originals not available, 1927-1964); Southern Arizona Genealogical Society & Arizona Pioneers Historical Society records (1884-1926).”