Listed in Biographies, Books, Directories and Gazetteers, Genealogies & Compiled Histories, Histories & Stories, Letters & Manuscript Collections, Libraries & Museums & Archives, Magazines & Periodicals
FamilySearch has more than 200,000 digitized genealogy books and family history publications online.
“The collection includes family histories, county and local histories, genealogy magazines and how-to books, gazetteers, and medieval histories and pedigrees. The valuable resources included in Family History Books come from the following partner institutions:
- Allen County Public Library
- Brigham Young University Harold B. Lee Library
- Brigham Young University Idaho David O. McKay Library
- Brigham Young University Hawaii Joseph F. Smith Library
- Church History Library
- Family History Library
- Houston Public Library – Clayton Library Center for Genealogical Research
- Mid-Continent Public Library – Midwest Genealogy Center
- Historical Society of Pennsylvania
- Onondaga County Public Library
- University of Florida, George A. Smathers Libraries“
You can perform simple searches or more advanced searches by Material Type (Periodical/Gazetteer/Book) or Language (English, French, German, Hungarian, or Spanish) and by keywords.