The General Register Office of Northern Ireland is a government website where birth certificates, death certificates, marriage/civil partnership certificates, adoption certificates, and more can be ordered online.
“If you are interested in genealogy or local history you can search the archives and view or purchase copies of certificates for life events, such as births, marriages and deaths for your own family or for a family you are studying.
- births registered from 1 January 1864 in what is now Northern Ireland
- adoptions recorded in the Adopted Children Register Northern Ireland from 1 January 1931
- deaths registered from 1 January 1864 in what is now Northern Ireland
- registered non-Roman Catholic marriages from 1 April 1845 and all registered marriages from 1 January 1864
- civil partnerships registered in Northern Ireland from 5 December 2005
- World War II death indexes from 1939 to 1945
Certificates are only available for life events registered in what is now Northern Ireland. You will need a credit or debit card to order online.
You can visit GRONI online, visit the public search room in person, or you can order certificates by post or by telephone.”