Geneteka is the website of the Polish Genealogical Society and has some free, online Polish indexes included baptisms, marriages, deaths, military records, and more. They have more than 22 million free, indexed Polish records.
Birth, Marriage, & Death Records
Poland Birth, Marriage & Death Records – To start a free search of Polish indexes, select a region from their map of Poland or region links in the right-side column, and you’ll open an index search window for records in that area. Follow the prompts and use translate.google.com if instructions don’t translate thoroughly. (Hint: Polish: Nazwisko=English: Surname; Polish: Imię=English: First Name).
select a location, below, and use the search window for the locale
|Lower Silesia||53||59||25 447|
|Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship||261||613||2 267 857|
|Łódź Province||331||1067||6 949 003|
|Lesser Poland||169||381||1 266 061|
|Masovian Voivodeship||505||1464||8 366 520|
|Warsaw||52||129||1 570 024|
|Opole Province||72||151||59 610|
|Podlasie||126||341||1 418 294|
|Silesian||305||508||1 949 886|
|Świętokrzyskie||220||612||3 705 495|
|Warmia-Masuria Province||122||254||308 907|
|Greater Poland||183||382||769 069|
|West Pomeranian||11||12||4 608|
|Ukraine||272||687||1 070 804|
Other indexes and helpful sites include:
- Index of soldiers of the Polish Army in 1918-1920
- Index of Solider losses in 1918-1920
- First World War Soldier indexing site and content
Daily Life Records
Church & Synagogue
- Alphabetical Parish record search with over 17,000 parishes and links to indexed records
- List of Lutheran parishes and date of founding
- Latin-Polish genealogy dictionary with genealogy phrases found in Latin documents and their Polish translation
- Digitized record links at the “Resource Library,” Biblioteka Kresowa, with hundreds of digitized books including estates, lists of persons at various provinces, etc.
- More digitized libraries, broken down by record type including land, cemeteries, emigration, photos and postcards, genealogies and compiled genealogies, coats of arms, directories, and many more
- Digitized directories including:
- Vilnius Directory of Telephone Numbers 1929
- Address Book Vilnius 1911
- List of property of Vilnius Province 1873
- Kaunas – estate directory
- Registers of gentry metric of grójec county t.8 – Prażmów
- Order to change the names of towns in the Warta 1943
- They have a free Polish message board/forum and a link to a separate message board/forum, Forgen, for exchanging information about Polish ancestry.
- Link to active Polish message board
- For membership and donations or submissions, visit the Polish Genealogical Society’s contact page.