Henderson Libraries and Henderson Digital Archives publishes library collections through this online portal including:
- Oral History Collection – Henderson Oral History Project & Veterans Oral History Project
- Henderson Memories Collection – This collection includes photographs, documents, and other materials that detail life in Henderson from many different perspectives. Photographs in this collection were contributed by the Clark County Museum, Basic Magnesium, Inc., and many have been graciously donated by members of the Henderson community. The photographs, which were taken between 1946 and 1970, capture important institutions, activities, and events in Henderson.
- Magazine Collection – Arts Alive Magazines, Class! Magazines, WomensCare Reach Magazine
- Basic Magnesium Inc. Collection – Newsletters & Photographs
- CCNGS Newsletters (Clark County Nevada Genealogical Society Newsletters) – Published quarterly by the Clark County Nevada Genealogical Society, The Prospector features articles supporting genealogical research. There was a brief hiatus in publication from 1978 to 1983, when publication resumed.
- Henderson Home News Collection – This digital collection includes almost every issue of the Henderson Home News, including the supplemental issues published in the Boulder City News in 1949 and 1950 as well as the stand-alone issues published in and after 1951.
- Henderson’s History in Scrapbook Collection – Articles were clipped from local Henderson-area papers such as Henderson Home News, Las Vegas Evening Review Journal, Las Vegas Age, and Las Vegas Sun, as well as from several other non-local publications. While the scrapbook creators and assembly dates remain unknown, the articles included in the scrapbooks cover the period between the early 1940s and 1990. The early scrapbooks focus on Basic Magnesium, Inc. (BMI) as well as on activities related to national mining efforts, magnesium, and light metal production and use. Later scrapbooks include articles about Henderson-area politics, economics, organizations, and events.
- Southern Nevada Maps Collection – This collection contains USGS and US Army Corps of Engineer topographic maps of various locations in Southern Nevada dating between 1945 and 1984.
- Henderson Coordinating Council Records – The Henderson Coordinating Council was originally organized in 1943 with representatives of local businesses and non-political organizations to address a “developing problem” in the community that is not explicitly identified. After a period of inactivity, the Council was reorganized and reactivated in 1945, supporting community development and charitable works until it disbanded in 1955.
- Henderson Libraries Events – Henderson Libraries sponsors a variety of events every year, and this digital collection showcases many of the contributions to these events from 2007 to the present.
- Industrial Days Collection – Henderson’s Industrial Days celebration began as an anniversary celebration in April 1952 when Henderson celebrated its 10th anniversary and its history as the center of industry for Nevada. (The city did not officially incorporate until 1953, but construction of the townsite that became Henderson began in 1942.)
- Nevada State College Digital Collections – Nevada State College Library creates digital collections and makes them available not only to students but also to the community in order to enhance scholarship and research; to increase access to its holdings; to support the teaching and learning activities of Nevada State College faculty and students; and to promote lifelong learning by the citizens of Nevada and the public at large.
- Women of St. Rose – BMI Hospital was the first hospital in Henderson, Nevada. It was built in 1942 to serve the employees at Basic Magnesium, Inc. (BMI). The BMI plant shut down its operations in 1944, and the hospital was put up for sale.Father Peter Moran, pastor of St. Peter’s Church in Henderson, wrote a letter to Mother Mary Gerald Barry of the Adrian Dominican Sisters of Michigan in 1946 suggesting that the Sisters purchase the hospital. The Adrian Dominican Sisters proceeded with the purchase, and the hospital was renamed Rose de Lima and turned over to the Sisters in 1947.
Seven Adrian Dominican Sisters arrived in Henderson in 1947 to assume responsibility for the hospital. These Sisters, along with countless other women in the Henderson community, worked hard during many lean years to ensure that the hospital could continue to provide high quality care to Henderson’s residents.
Most of the documents and photographs in this collection reveal many of the daily and annual activities undertaken by the Adrian Dominican Sisters and by the women of the hospital’s auxiliary, who have been essential to the hospital’s growth. Narratives by and interviews with former Sisters and staff members recount much of the history of the hospital.