Huntingdonshire Archives is the official archive for the former County of Huntingdonshire.
The Huntingdonshire search room is on the first floor of the Huntingdon Library.
They also have an online, searchable catalog for their onsite holdings. “Our online database contains catalogue entries for hundreds of thousands of original historical documents, including:
- parish registers for many Anglican and Nonconformist churches in Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire
- historic inclosure, tithe, estate and Ordnance Survey maps
- school log books and admission registers
- photographic prints, negatives, slides and glass plates from the 19th and 20th centuries
- records of local government, including archives of prisons, magistrates’ courts, Quarter Sessions’ courts and coroners’ courts
- many personal letters and papers of individuals”
They have a downloadable PDF list of Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire parishes on their homepage which shows each parish and where the records for that parish are held.
Visit their Images Gallery for images of historical documents housed at the Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire Archives.
3rd Saturday in each month 10:00 – 4:00 by appointment only
2nd Saturday in each month 10:00 – 4:00 by appointment only