Indiana, Church Marriages, 1780-1993 is a free collection at FamilySearch with a name index to church marriage records from the state of Indiana. Marriages are from various denominations, however, many Catholic marriages are included.
You’ll need to be logged in with a free FamilySearch account to search these records. It’s easy to register for a free account at FamilySearch.
What Can I Learn from Marriage Records?
These marriage records may include:
- Marriage place and date
- Name of bride and groom
- Birth places and dates of the bride and groom
- Residences of the bride and groom
- Previous spouse, if any
- Parents’ names
- Name of the officiator
- Names of witnesses
How Can Marriage Records Help Me Find Other Records?
With information from these records you may be able to:
- Use the age or estimated birth date to find other vital records such as birth, baptism, and death
- Use the information found in the record to find additional family members in census records
- Witnesses to marriages were often family members
- Search for land and probate records