Indiana, Daviess County, Washington Times Herald Obituaries, 1984-2012 is a free collection at FamilySearch with a name index and images of obituary clippings from the Washington Times Herald. This collection contains deaths from Daviess, Martin, Pike, and Knox counties and other areas. The collection was compiled by Kay Hedrick and some years are missing.
You’ll need to be logged in with a free FamilySearch account to search these records. It’s easy to register for a free account at FamilySearch.
What Can I Learn from Obituaries?
These records may include:
- Name of the deceased
- Birth date and place
- Death date and place
- Names of parents, spouse or other relatives
- Name of newspaper, date and place of publication
How Can Obituaries Help Me Find Other Records?
With information from these records you may be able to:
- Use the information found in the record to locate the death record
- Use the age or estimated birth date to determine an approximate birth date to find other vital records such as birth, baptism, and marriage
- Use the information found in the record to find additional family members in census records
- Search for land and probate records