The Iroquois County Genealogical Society has an Iroquois County Database with free, online church records, marriage records, death records, bible records, census records, military records, and more. The Society also has a duplicate website at RootsWeb.
The Iroquois County Genealogical Society operates a historical museum at the Old Courthouse Museum, 103 West Cherry Street, Watseka, Illinois 60970.
- St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Woodworth, Illinois
Parish Register – 1873 – 1890
Confirmation Register 1873 – 1890 and Todten Register 1873 – 1890
Parish Register 1873 – 1879
Parish Register 1880 – 1890
Confirmation Register and Todten Register 1873 – 1890
MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE RECORDS
- Marriage Applications 2 April 1881 – 31 December 1881
From the The Iroquois Stalker VOL 1, NO 4, October 1971.
- Register of Marriages
Transcripts are from Iroquois County, Illinois Register of Marriages.
- Iroquois County Marriage Notices
published in “The Little Fort Porcupine and Democratic Banner” 1845 – 1847.
Affidavits for pre-1868 Iroquois County Marriages
Tibbetts and Somes
- Early Divorce Records of Iroquois County 1834 – 1860
From the The Iroquois Stalker VOL 23, NO 3, FALL 1993 and VOL 24, NO 1, SPRING 1994.
- Early Divorce Records of Iroquois County years are circa 1860 – 1938
Divorce Records A thru G
Divorce Records H thru M
Divorce Records N thru Z
DEATH RECORDS CEMETERIES AND OBITUARIES
- Burial Permits of Iroquois County
Burial Permits A thru E
Burial Permits F thru K
Burial Permits L thru P
Burial Permits Q thru Z
- Iroquois County Cemeteries
Listed by Township…
Here is a Map of Iroquois County showing the Townships with Cemetery locations. Look for surnames in the cemetery files here. And NEW look at the Tombstone photos here too.
- Death Certificates of Iroquois County
- Obituary Collection of the Iroquois County Genealogical Society .
We have indexed obituaries prior to 1950.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U
- Bible Records Collection
A collection of Family Bible Records from the Iroquois County area complete with index.
CENSUS AND VOTER RECORDS
- 1840 Iroquois County Federal Census Complete with Index
1835 Iroquois County Census
1830 Vermilion County Federal Census Complete with Index – This is included here because Iroquois County was formed in 1833. So Iroquois County was still a part of Vermilion County in 1830. For more information on the counties see – ILGenWeb’s County Boundary Maps 1790 – Present
- Index to Iroquois County 1890 Tax List
The 1890 Federal Census was destroyed in a fire before copies of it could be made, thus there is no census information for that year in most places. This Tax List can help to bridge that gap.
- L’Erable District Poll Book
Election held at L’Erable in School District #39 in Iroquois County, State of Illinois
MAGAZINES AND PUBLICATIONS
THE STALKER, 32-Year Subject Index of The Iroquois Stalker, 1971 through 2005, and the subject index for the 2006 and 2007 Issues, the Name Index is available for Vol I thru X, The Iroquois Stalker is published quarterly by the Iroquois County Genealogical Society.
Index of Petitions for Naturalizations, Iroquois County, IL… Declarations of Intent 1867 – 1931
This is an alphabetical listing of persons who became naturalized citizens of the United States in the Courts of Iroquois County
- Grantor – Grantee Index Land and Deed Records A – Z (Vol A Complete)
- Iroquois County Original Land Purchases 1831 – 1882
Land Purchases A thru E
Land Purchases F thru K
Land Purchases L thru R
Land Purchases S thru Z
- Index for the Civil Cases 1858-1877
Index – A thru E
Index – F thru K
Index – L thru R
Index – S thru Z
- Civil Cases 1877-1887 Index for the Civil Cases 1877-1887
- Index for the Civil Cases #8020 – #13,399 – May 1889 to Jun 1904
Index – Page 1
Index – Page 2
Index – Page 3
Index – Page 4
Index – Page 5
- Civil Indexes Dec 1954 – Jan 1962 Index for the Civil Cases 1954 – 1962
- Civil Addendum Index for the Civil Addendum reel 687 which has all the leftovers on it.
- Index for the Criminal Cases Nov 1859 – Mar 1960
Index – A thru E
Index – F thru K
Index – L thru R
Index – S thru Z
- Iroquois County, IL Probate
Reels 1-25 — Files A thru K circa 1870-1898
Reels 1-25 — Files L thru Z circa 1870-1898
Reels 25-50 — Files A thru K circa 1898-1913
Reels 25-50 — Files L thru Z circa 1898-1913
Reels 50-75 — Files A thru K circa 1911-1924
Reels 50-75 — Files L thru Z circa 1911-1924
Reels 75-100 — Files A thru K circa 1924-1935
Reels 75-100 — Files L thru Z circa 1924-1935
Reels 101-125 — Files – A thru Z circa 1935-1941
CHEBANSE TOWNSHIP HISTORY
- Chebanse Township The History of the Early Settlement of by Joseph Haigh
Published by the Chebanse Herald – January 1884
- Early Farm Names and the Owners Names. Iroquois County.
- Index to Iroquois County Hospital Book A-L
Index to Iroquois County Hospital Book M-Z
Here is an Index to the Iroquois County Hospital. The name and case number will help locate the entry for the person. Entries contain address, next of kin, medical reason for entry, and date of release.
- Index to Iroquois County Poor Farm / Green Acres A-L
Index to Iroquois County Poor Farm / Green Acres M-Z
Many people were admitted to the Poor Farm / Green Acres for various reasons not all having to do with being poor. There is valuable information listed in this book.
- RECORD OF INMATES – IROQUOIS COUNTY HOME – Addendum
For the Poor Farm/Green Acres book. 6 pages of inmate records found in a box.
- See the Photos of the County Farm.
- Book available under Publications.
- Be sure to check out the POORHOUSE SITE. Find information about the Poorhouses across the country.
- Alumni Milford Township High School
As of 1928
- Watseka Public Schools – Student Attendance Index 1911-1920
- Watseka Public Schools – Teachers Index – 1918-1920
NEWSPAPERS AT IROQUOIS COUNTY GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY
- Newspaper Holdings
Here is a list of The Newspapers on Microfilm at The Iroquois County Genealogical Society Library.
- Roll of Honor Honor Roll of Middle Port and Belmont Township men in military and naval services
- Proof of Soldier’s Identity
The following are an abstract of Soldiers’ Identity papers filed with Iroquois county found in boxes of loose papers at the Iroquois County Genealogy Society Library.
- Record of Soldiers of World War I for Iroquois County, IL — Index of 3 volumes of men who served in WWI. Copies can be obtained by contacting the Genealogy Society with $1 per name and SASE. –
Record Of Soldiers Of World War I – A-G
Record Of Soldiers Of World War I – H-N
Record Of Soldiers Of World War I – O-Z