Maine, Washington County Courthouse Records, 1785-1950 is a free collection at FamilySearch with images revolutionary war, probate, and census records.
The collection consists of records and indexes from the Washington County Courthouse. It includes the following types of records:
You’ll need to be logged in with a free FamilySearch account to search these records. It’s easy to register for a free account at FamilySearch.
What Can I Learn from Washington County, Maine Courthouse Records?
The following information may be found in these records:
- Names of household members
- Age, gender, race and occupation of each member
- Real estate value of household
- Personal estate value
- Place of birth, state, territory or country
- Married within the year?
- Attended school within the year?
- Able to read and write?
- Any physical impairments?
- Name of primary individual
- Event date and place
- Names of parents
- Date and place of birth of parents
- Names of heirs such as spouse, children, relatives, or friends
- Name of executor, administrator, or guardian of estate
- Names of witnesses
- Dates the documents were written and recorded (used to approximate event dates since a will was usually written near the time of death)
- Description and value of property or land
Declarations of Intent
- Date of Declaration of Intent
- State, county and city of declaration
- Name and age of person declaring Intent
- Gender, occupation and physical description
- Date and place of birth
- Nationality and race
- Name of spouse
- Date and place of marriage
- Spouse’s date and place of birth
- Date of spouse becoming a permanent resident
- Number of children