Massachusetts Society of Genealogists | MSOG is a non-profit educational organization that promotes genealogy research and education in Massachusetts.
MSOG, Inc. has two publications: Past Times and MASSOG.
Past Times: Our monthly newsletter is published 10 times a year and the current volume is available on the website here. Past Times
The MASSOG journal is published three times per year. To contribute to MASSOG, please review MASSOG Submission Guidelines.
Everyone can view tables of contents. Access to issues is limited to members only by login. Please request your individual login name and password at the password setup page. Links to MASSOG tables of contents and issues are available here. MASSOG
MSOG offers memberships for the Individual, Family, and Organization. Membership is from September 1st through August 31st. Join today and begin enjoying the many benefits of being a MSOG member. Go to membership for more information.
Joining members affiliate themselves with a chapter – Bristol County,Merrimack Valley, Middlesex County or Worcester County, yet are free to attend and join in the over 25 meetings that involve programs, workshops, discussion groups and trips to research centers. Businesses, libraries and societies join as an Organization. We now accept payment through your PayPal account or by Credit Card.
Other benefits of membership include, yet are not limited to,
- Receive MASSOG Journal which includes articles of interest in genealogy, a place where members can share their own well documented family history that was not previously published, read book reviews and enjoy free query service.
- Hear speakers who are experts in the field of genealogy
- Voting privileges on MSOG statewide issues and in the chapter with which the member is affiliated
- Receive meeting reminders and notices of upcoming programs
- Attend educational programs about genealogy held throughout Massachusetts
- Partake in volunteer opportunities – projects, leadership, hospitality, committees, research support and so much more.
- List surnames being researched on the MSOG website’s, Member’s Surname Project.
- Access to the Members Only section on the Society’s website
- Networking opportunities with other genealogists, researchers and family historians.