Minnesota Divorce Index, 1970-1995 is a free collection at FamilySearch with a searchable name index for divorces in Minnesota.
This Minnesota Divorce Index can be searched by:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Life Event (birth, marriage, residence, death, any)
- Relationship (spouse, parents, another person)
You’ll need to be logged in with a free FamilySearch account to search these records. It’s easy to register for a free account at FamilySearch.
[su_heading size=”18″]What Can I Learn from Minnesota Divorce Records?[/su_heading]
These Minnesota marriage records may include:
- Name of Husband
- Name of Wife
- Divorce Date and Place
- Where to find the record (page, volume, entry number)
[su_heading size=”18″]How Can Divorce Records Help Me Find Other Records?[/su_heading]
With Minnesota Divorce Records information you can:
- Find the original Marriage Record
- Find the Husband or Wife in a state or federal census with their families.
- Compile family group sheets with the information you glean from censuses and search for birth, marriage, and death dates for each family member.
- Find the Husband or Wife in a local city directory
- get residence information for each person
- learn about employment from a city directory search
- Use the Husband or Wife’s names and residences to search for any tax or other court records