The Minnesota Historical Society preserves the culture and heritage of the people of Minnesota.
[su_heading size=”18″]Online Records from the Minnesota Historical Society[/su_heading]
- Birth Records (1900-1934)
- Death Records (1904-2001)
- State Census Records (1849-1905)
- Veterans Graves Registration (1857-1975)
- Gold Star Roll (1915-1921)
- People Records (1849-2001) This searches all the above-collections
- Digital Newspapers (1849-present) including Swedish American Newspapers
- The Historical Minneapolis Tribune, 1867-1922, is a newspaper collection at the Minnesota Historical Society separate from their Minnesota Digital Newspaper Hub. Searches can be made by year, month, day, county, and city.
- The Swedish American Newspapers collection is a project of the Minnesota Historical Society. Hundreds of Swedish-language newspapers were published in the United States from 1850 onward, catering to America’s Swedish immigrant communities. Use this online portal to learn more about these newspapers, and to search over 300,000 digitized newspaper pages from 28 different Swedish American newspaper titles published across the United States between 1859 and 2007.
- Minnesota Place Names – a geographical encyclopedia
- Oral History Collection (1300 interviews since 1948- Audio, video and written transcripts from more than 1,300 interviews in the MNHS Oral History collection.)
- African American History
- American Indian History
- Arts & Music
- Business & Industry
- Communities/Local History
- Gay & Lesbian History
- Greatest Generation/WWII
- Nonprofits & Charities
- Outdoor Recreation
- Personal & Family History
- Politics & Government
- Social Issues
- Women’s History
- Maps (19,000 maps and almost 2,000 volumes of atlases-emphasis is 1849 to present)
- Military / Civil War Letters – Includes digitized letters of three brothers from Minnesota who served in the First Minnesota Battery of Light Artillery and/or Infantry regiment, 1861-1865.
[su_heading size=”18″]Minnesota Historical Society Membership[/su_heading]
Members get free admission to all 26 Minnesota Historical Society historic sites and museums for a year, discounted tours, 10% off at museum stores, an award-winning magazine, and more.
[su_heading size=”18″]Minnesota Historical Society Store[/su_heading]
The Minnesota Historical Society store has books, magazines, and collectibles made in Minnesota.
[su_service title=”Minnesota History Center Hours of Operation”]Tuesday: 10 am-8 pm Wednesday: 10 am-5 pm Thursday: 10 am-5 pm Friday: 10 am-5 pm Saturday: 10 am-5 pm Sunday: Noon-5 pm Monday: Closed[/su_service]