Nevada Marriage Index, 1956-2005 is a free collection at FamilySearch with a searchable name index to marriage records from the Nevada State Health Division, Office of Vital Records. This index was provided by Ancestry.com.
You’ll need to be logged in with a free FamilySearch account to search these records. It’s easy to register for a free account at FamilySearch.
What Can I Learn from Marriage Records?
These marriage records may include:
- Name of the groom
- Name of the bride
- Names of the officiator and witnesses
- Names of the parents or guardians of the bride and groom
- Date of the marriage
- Birthplaces of the bride and groom
- Residences of the bride and groom
- Occupation of the groom
- Races of the bride and groom
How Can Marriage Records Help Me Find Other Records?
With information from these records you may be able to:
- Use the names of the parents to find other church and vital records such as birth, baptism, and death records. Also search for immigration, military, land and probate records
- Use the information to find additional family members in censuses
- Repeat this process with additional family members found, to find more generations of the family