New Hampshire Death Certificates, 1938-1959 is a free collection at FamilySearch with a searchable name index and images for death certificates in New Hampshire. The images are arranged by year, certificate number, or by surname letter.
You’ll need to be logged in with a free FamilySearch account to search these records. It’s easy to register for a free account at FamilySearch.
What Can I Learn from Death Records?
- Name of deceased
- Date and place of death
- Age in year, months and days
- Length of residence in community
- Institution where died
- Date and place of birth
- Gender, race, marital status, and occupation
- Cause of death
- Parents names, including maiden name of mother
- Parents’ birth place
- Father’s occupation
- Name of spouse, if married
- Name of physician or person reporting death and their residence
- Place and date of interment
How Can Death Records Help Me Find Other Records?
With information from these records you may be able to:
- Search for the family in census records
- Search for other vital records, such as birth and marriage
- Search for an obituary or cemetery record
- Search for military records
- Search for church records