New Hampshire, Hillsborough County, Manchester, Obituaries, 1800-2007 is a free collection at FamilySearch with a searchable name index for obituaries from newspapers in Manchester, New Hampshire.
You’ll need to be logged in with a free FamilySearch account to search these records. It’s easy to register for a free account at FamilySearch.
What Can I Learn from Obituary Records?
- Name and age of deceased
- Date of Death
- Date of Burial
- Birth date of deceased
- Location of grave
- Cause of Death
- Name of Undertaker
How Can Obituary Records Help Me Find Other Records?
With information from these records you may be able to:
- Use the birth date or year to search for birth records
- Search for the family in census records
- Use the locality and relative’s name to locate church and land records
- The name of the undertaker or mortuary could lead you to funeral and cemetery records, which often include the names and residences of other family members
- Compile the entries for every person with the same surname. This is especially helpful for rural areas or unusual surnames
- Continue to search the records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives of the deceased who may have been buried in the same cemetery or nearby. This can help you identify other generations of your family. Repeat this process for each new generation you identify
- When looking for a person with a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct