New Jersey, Death Index, 1901-1903 is a free collection at FamilySearch with a searchable index of New Jersey death records acquired from Reclaim the Records.
You’ll need to be logged in with a free FamilySearch account to search these records. It’s easy to register for a free account at FamilySearch.
What Can I Learn from Death Records?
- The name of the deceased
- The death certificate number
How Can Death Records Help Me Find Other Records?
With information from these records you may be able to:
- Obtain the death certificate from New Jersey
- Search for an obituary in local newspapers
- Search for cemetery records
- Search for the family in probate records