North Carolina Births and Christenings, 1866-1964 is a free collection at FamilySearch for birth, baptism, and christening records from the state of North Carolina.
You’ll need to be logged in with a free FamilySearch account to search these records. It’s easy to register for a free account at FamilySearch.
What Can I Learn from Birth Records?
These North Carolina birth and baptism records may include:
- The name of the child
- The names of parents
- The date of birth or christening
- The place where the birth or christening occurred.
How Can Birth Records Help Me Find Other Records?
With North Carolina Birth Records information you may be able to:
- Look at an image of the original record, if possible. The original may contain information that was not recorded in the index
- Use the information to find other records such as marriage, death, or census records
- Collect entries for every person who has the same surname, unless the surname is a common surname. This list can help you identify possible relatives that can be verified by records