North Carolina Deaths, 1906-1930 is a free collection at FamilySearch with a name index and images of death certificates recorded in North Carolina.
You’ll need to be logged in with a free FamilySearch account to search these records. It’s easy to register for a free account at FamilySearch.
What Can I Learn from Death Records?
These North Carolina death records may include:
- Name and gender of deceased
- Date, place and time of death
- City and county in which death occurred
- Age of deceased in years, months, days
- Race, marital status and occupation of deceased
- Name of spouse
- Birthplace of deceased
- Father’s name and birthplace
- Mother’s maiden name and birthplace
- Name of informant, often a family member
- Burial information
How Can Death Records Help Me Find Other Records?
With North Carolina Death Records information you may be able to:
- Use the information on the death record to locate funeral home and cemetery records
- Use the information on the death record to locate an obituary
- Use the information on the death record to search for the family in census records
- Use the information on the death record to search additional state and county records