North Carolina Marriages, 1759-1979 is a free collection at FamilySearch with a name index to marriage records in North Carolina.
You’ll need to be logged in with a free FamilySearch account to search these records. It’s easy to register for a free account at FamilySearch.
What Can I Learn from Marriage Records?
These North Carolina marriage records may include:
- Name of spouse
- Marriage date and place
- Family History Library Microfilm and item numbers for the source materials
- Parents’ names
- Date and place of birth
- Spouse’s date and place of birth
- Marital status
How Can Marriage Records Help Me Find Other Records?
With North Carolina Marriage Records information you may be able to:
- Use the information found to search for the family in census records
- Use the information found to search for the family in church records
- Use the information found to search for the family in additional state and county records