Ohio, Hamilton County Records, 1791-1994 is a free collection at FamilySearch with images of early Ohio land records, naturalization records, military records, probate records, and vital records from the Hamilton County Recorder’s Office in Ohio.
The collection consists of court records from the County Recorder and the Probate Court in Cincinnati, Ohio. The collection includes land records, military records, naturalization records, probate records, and vital records, and covers the years 1791 to 1994.
You’ll need to be logged in with a free FamilySearch account to search these records. It’s easy to register for a free account at FamilySearch.
What Can I Learn from early Ohio Hamilton County Records?
County records may include:
- Name of the primary individual
- Event date
- Event place
- Parents’ names including mother’s maiden name
- Parents’ age, birth place and residence
- Names of heirs, such as spouse, children, other relatives, or friends
- Name of the executor, administrator, or guardian
- Names of witnesses
- Dates the documents were written and recorded (used to approximate event dates since a will was usually written near the time of death)
- Description and value of personal property or land owned by the deceased
- Address or residence