Oklahoma, School Records, 1895-1936 is a free collection at FamilySearch with school census records and other school records.
This is a text-searchable collection and there are images for these records.
Searches can be made by:
- First Name
- Last Name
- a Life Event such as birth, marriage, residence, death, any
- Relationships such as spouse, parents, or another person
You’ll need to be logged in with a free FamilySearch account to search these records. It’s easy to register for a free account at FamilySearch.
What Can I Learn from Oklahoma School Records?
Information in these school records may include:
- Name of student
- Student’s date of birth and/or age
- Student’s gender
- Names of Parents or Guardians
- Name of town or county
- Name of School district
- Beginning and ending dates of the grading period
- Beginning and ending dates of the school year
How Can School Records Help Me Find Other Records?
With Oklahoma School records information you can:
- Use the birth date or age and school location to search for possible birth records, marriage records, or death records
- Use the student’s name and parents’ names to find the family in the state or federal census and extract all family members’ names, ages, etc.
- Look for the family in local city directories
- learn about their residence and employment from city directory searches
- Search for land records
- Search for any tax or court records including probate records