The State Archives in Koszalin | Archiwum Państwowe w Koszalinie in Poland has free, online genealogy collections as well as onsite family history collections.
There are two branch archives:
The State Archives in Koszalin Branch in Slupsk
ul. W. Lutosławskiego 17
tel. 59 842 54 13
fax. 59 842 23 27
e-mail: [email protected]
The State Archives in Koszalin Branch in Szczecinek
ul. Parkowa 3
tel.94 374 03 63
fax 94 374 03 63
e-mail: [email protected]
The State Archives in Koszalin and its branches have thousands of digitized collections, including vital records, and these are at Szukajwarchiwach.pl.
You can see all online collections from the State Archives in Kielce and the Branch in Sandomierz by searching at Szukajwarchiwach.pl and filtering results by these archives. Here’s a link to the search results with thousands of digitized collections.
You can copy and paste text into Google Translate if you can’t read the original language.
Here is a table from their site with links to collections:
|Archive number||The name of the Archive||Resource|
|26||State Archives in Koszalin||documentation|
|maps and plans – cities|
|maps and plans – Koszalin|
|27||State Archives in Koszalin, branch in Słupsk||documentation|
|28||State Archives in Koszalin, branch in Szczecinek|
You can use SEZAM to search for collections at the archive. Here is an example of a search for collections at The State Archives in Koszalin and another for the Branch in Slupsk and the Branch in Szczecinek.
And here is a link to “Become a family archivist!” organized by the Supreme Directorate of State Archives.
About the collections
- German-language files from 1555-1945
- Polish files from 1945-2017
“All archival groups, Polish and German, are classified in the following subject groups:
- General administration – state and local government, e.g. Regienia Koszalinska 1816-1945; Voivodship Offices in Koszalin from 1973-1990 and 1990 -1998; city files, including Koszalin from 1555-1945 and Człuchów from 1775-1925; national councils at various levels
- Special administration and control institutions, eg cadastral, tax, construction and customs offices; poviat statistical inspectorates; school inspectorates, the General Directorate of the Post Office in Koszalin from 1919-1944; NIK Delegation in Koszalin 1950 – 2000; Board of Education in Koszalin 1990 -1998
- Institutions of justice, e.g. German district courts from 1879-1945; courts in Koszalin: district, town and appellate from 1945 -1952; notary deeds from 1834-1944; files of notaries from 1945-1951 / 1952; and repertory of district prosecutor’s offices
- Enterprises, administration and economic self-government, eg “Płytolen”, “Kazel”, Unification of State Enterprises of Agricultural Economy in Koszalin 1959 -1982; design offices; banks, including NBP branches in Koszalin, Białogard and Świdwin, PKO SA Branch in Koszalin
- Registers of Evangelical, Roman Catholic and Mosaic denominations from 1655-1945 as well as civil registers from 1874-1937; detailed information about record books and civil status stored in Polish state archives are available in the national database PRADZIAD
- Organizations and associations, eg PUWP committees: voivodship in Koszalin, poviat, municipal, municipal and workplace from 1948-1990; PPR and PPS committees from 1945-1948; Democratic Party; unions;
- Cultural, scientific and other institutions, e.g. the Baltic Dramatic Theater in Koszalin from 1953-1975; pedagogical high schools
- Maps and plans, eg Polish and German city plans from 1810-1960, plans for villages, forests, technical devices from 1773-1942; topographic maps from 1878-1943″
Monday: 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
Tuesday: 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
Wednesday: 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Thursday: 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Friday: 7:30 am – 3:30 pm