The State Archives in Siedlce | Archiwum Państwowe w Siedlcach in Poland has free, online genealogy collections as well as onsite family history collections.
About the Collections:
The territorial area covered by the State Archives in Siedlce includes these areas:
“Lublin province: the Łuków poviat, the Ryki poviat, Kłoczew commune; Masovian Voivodeship: a city with the rights of the district of Siedlce, poviats: garwoliński, siedlecki, sokołowski, and Węgrów; Minsk county: the city of Mińsk Mazowiecki, municipalities: Cegłów, Dębe Wielkie, Dobre, Jakubów, Kałuszyn, Latowicz, Mińsk Mazowiecki, Mrozy, Siennica, Stanisławów; Otmuchowki District: the following communes: Kołbiel, Osieck, Sobienie-Jeziory; Wołomin poviat of the commune: Jadów, Poświętne, Strachówka.”
Some specific collections and date ranges include:
- Court files, 1865-1998
- Mortgage files, 1810-2001
- Notary deeds, 1810-1951
- Civil status records (birth, marriage, death)
- 101 Roman Catholic parishes, 1826-1909
- Mosaic communes, 1826-1909
- 14 Greek Catholic parishes, 1826-1875
- 12 parish Orthodox, 1873-1909
- 2 parishes of the Protestant-Augsburg confession, 1832-1908
- 3 parishes of Mariajickie, 1906-1908
- 1 Protestant parish
- Government records, 1804-1998
- WWII records, a small collection
- and more
You can see all online collections from the State Archives in Siedlce by searching at Szukajwarchiwach.pl and filtering results by this archive. Here’s a link to the search results with thousands of digitized collections. (You can copy and paste text into Google Translate if you can’t read the original language.)
They have a list of digitized scans helpful to genealogists on their site. These are primarily Roman Catholic, Jewish, and Orthodox parish records.
You can use SEZAM to search for collections at the archive.
- Here is an example of a search for collections at the State Archives in Siedlce. (You can copy and paste text into Google Translate if you can’t read the original language.)
And here is a link to “Become a family archivist!” organized by the Supreme Directorate of State Archives.
[su_service title=”Hours of Operation”]
Monday: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm