The State Archives in Zielona Góra | Archiwum Państwowe w Zielonej Górze in Poland has free, online genealogy collections as well as onsite family history collections.
About the Archive:
“The State Archives in Zielona Góra were established relatively late, because only in 1953. Until then, that is in the years 1945-1953, the areas of the Lubusz Land were served by the Provincial State Archives in Poznań and Wrocław.”
“The local jurisdiction of the State Archives in Zielona Góra includes:
– in the Lubuskie voivodship, an area comprising:
- a city with the rights of Zielona Góra poviat,
- all communes included in the poviats: Krosno, Świebodzin, Zielona Gora, Żagańskie and Żary,
- the city of Nowa Sól and the following communes: Bytom Odrzański, Kolsko, Kożuchów, Nowa Sól, Nowe Miasteczko, Otyń and Siedlisko from the Nowosolski poviat,
- the commune of Sława Wschowa poviat,
- the Cybinka commune of the Słubice poviat
- Torzym commune of Sulecin poviat
- other poviats of the province Lubuskie covers the reach of the State Archive in Szczecin,
– in the area of the Wielkopolskie voivodship, the area comprising:
- the Zbąszyń commune of the Nowy Tomyśl district,
- communes: Siedlce and Wolsztyn Wolsztyn poviat.”
You can see all online collections from the State Archives in Zielona Góra by searching at Szukajwarchiwach.pl and filtering results by this archive. Here’s a link to the search results with thousands of digitized collections. (You can copy and paste text into Google Translate if you can’t read the original language.)
You can use SEZAM to search for collections at the archive.
- Here is an example of a search for collections at the State Archives in Zielona Góra. (You can copy and paste text into Google Translate if you can’t read the original language.)
And here is a link to “Become a family archivist!” organized by the Supreme Directorate of State Archives.
Monday: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm