The Suffolk Family History Society encourages and supports family history research and local history research for Suffolk, England. The Society has a library at the Suffolk Record Office and hours are Monday through Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm.
- Family Histories – this link is an index to all the family histories kept onsite
- Transcriptions of Parish Records – this link is an index of transcribed parish records onsite
- A List of Books, Pamphlets and Periodicals in the Library of the Suffolk Family History Society
They offer limited free research services for members and other research services for a fee. Nonmembers may need to join the society to hire a researcher. Collections they can search include a Baptism Index (1754-1900), Suffolk Marriages (1754-1837), Suffolk Burial Index (virtually complete for all Suffolk burial grounds), & Monumental Inscriptions.
Costs of membership:
- Individual Membership UK – £12
- Individual Membership UK Senior Citizens & under 16 yoa – £10
- Overseas Membership by mail – £15
- Overseas Membership electronic – £10
They have an online store with CDs, Books & more