Utah, Salt Lake County Birth Records, 1890-1915 is a free collection at FamilySearch with a searchable name index and some browsable images of birth records from Salt Lake County, Utah.
You’ll need to be logged in with a free FamilySearch account to search these records. It’s easy to register for a free account at FamilySearch.
What Can I Learn from Utah Birth Records?
Birth records of Salt Lake County contain some or all of the following information, depending on the time period:
- Child’s name and gender
- Child’s date and place of birth
- Race or nativity
- Father’s name and age
- Father’s birthplace and occupation
- Mother’s maiden name and age
- Mother’s birthplace and occupation
- Parents’ residence
- Whether a single or multiple birth
- Birth order of child
- Number of children born to this mother who are still living
How Can Birth Records Help Me Find Other Records?
With Birth Records information you can:
- Look for the child or parents in the state or federal census and put an entire family together
- Use the place of birth to search for other church records for this child or family
- Use the parents’ names and child’s place of birth to search for this family in a local city directory & learn about the parents’ employment from a city directory search
- Use the parents’ places of birth to start searching for their birth records and migration records
- Use the child’s place of birth to search for parents’ land records
- Use the child’s place of birth and parent’s names to search for any tax or court records
- Estimate the parents’ marriage date–if parents married, they generally married before a child’s birth and you may be able to estimate the parents’ marriage date based on children’s birth dates
- Use a child’s birth date to help estimate draft registration date and find draft registration records or military service records