Vermont, Washington County, Probate Estate Files, 1862-1915 is a free collection at FamilySearch with images of probate estate files from the Washington District Probate Court in Montpelier, Vermont.
You’ll need to be logged in with a free FamilySearch account to search these records. It’s easy to register for a free account at FamilySearch.
What Can I Learn from Probate Records?
These records may include:
- Name of testator or deceased
- Names of heirs such as a spouse, children, and other relatives or friends
- Name of executor, administrator, or guardian
- Names of witnesses
- Residence of testator
- Dates the documents were written and recorded (Used to approximate event dates, i.e. a will was usually written near the time of death)
- Description and value of personal property or land owned by the deceased