The Yukon & Alaska Genealogy Centre is a site with genealogy collections for the Yukon Territory and Alaska. Online collections include:
- Historic Yukon & Alaska Hotels, Roadhouses, Saloons & Cafes Index – Proprietors and Managers (approximately 1,265 names) – Updated June 23, 1998 A-C | D-G | H-L | M-N | O-R | S-T | U-Z |
- Index to British Yukon Navigation Company Employment Applications at the Yukon Archives (approximately 515 names)
- Ship Passenger Lists – For single-name searches, the database at the Dawson Museum is the best place to start – then, the lists below can put the results of your search into context, showing the passengers on the same steamer, and transportation patterns.
- Gleaner (1899) – Ship Passenger Lists-the Gleaner (June 11-July 16, 1899)
- Lully C. (1899) – Ship Passenger Lists-the Lully C. (July 13-August 29, 1899)
- Ruth (1899) – Ship Passenger Lists-the Ruth (June 13-August 3, 1899)
- Clifford Sifton (1899) – Ship Passenger Lists-the Clifford Sifton (June 12-August 29, 1899)
- The Matanuska Colony: The New Deal in Alaska includes a complete list of the 203 original families.
- Klondike Stampeders from Montana (approximately 620 names)
- Klondike Stampeders from Australia (approximately 260 names)
- Klondike Stampeders from California (over 4,000 names)
- Klondike Stampeders from Seattle, Washington (over 4,000 names) edited pages of search results from the Dawson Museum’s “Pan For Gold” database
- Other Yukon & Alaska Genealogy Resources
- Biographies of Yukon & Alaska Pioneers
This site was created to allow genealogists and regional historians access to resource materials that we, and others, have assembled. The information posted at YukonAlaska, ExploreNorth, and RailsNorth has primarily been pulled from the 6,000-page master database compiled by Murray Lundberg.