OnGenealogy allows users to register on the site, comment, create listings, and create a favorites list. OnGenealogy keeps any information submitted by the registered user, including login name, email address, any social media links, public comments, and listings created by users. If your comments were not approved or considered spam, they were deleted. If you would like your profile or other information deleted, please contact [email protected] and we will delete your registered user account and any listings, comments, or other information you want deleted. The admins at OnGenealogy do not have access to your login password. If you lose your password, you’ll have to follow the site directions to create a new password. OnGenealogy does not sell emails or email lists to anyone.
OnGenealogy also uses third-party WordPress plugins to provide services for the website. Third-party service providers with a link to their privacy policies include:
- WordPress – open code website development & plugins to optimize site
- SiteGround – third-party site host
- SEO Yoast
- WPMU Dev
- NSP Code
- Askimet by Automattic – We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
- Smush – to compress images – Smush sends images to the WPMU DEV servers to optimize them for web use. This includes the transfer of EXIF data. The EXIF data will either be stripped or returned as it is. It is not stored on the WPMU DEV servers.
- Google Analytics – This website uses Google Analytics to track website traffic. Collected data is processed in such a way that visitors cannot be identified.
OnGenealogy uses Google’s commonly used ad technology providers. “Any ad technology provider with an asterisk is part of the commonly used list.”
WordPress.org’s statement on Controlling Cookies
To find out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org. For more details on advertising cookies, and how to manage them, visit youronlinechoices.eu (EU based), or aboutads.info(US based).
Some specific opt out programs are available here: